A final round of weapons collections is underway as the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, FARC, delivers its arms to the United Nations as part of a peace deal to end more than five decades of conflict.
The Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said 60 percent had already been handed over, while the remaining 40 percent is still pending.
Santos told a news conference in Bogota on Monday that his government and the U.N. would end the collection process next week, "On June 27 ... we will do an act of closing the whole process of the handing over of weapons."
While the FARC´s leader Rodrigo Londoño, also known as Timoleon Jimenez or Timochenko, tweeted Tuesday that the abandonment of weapons is an act of will, courage and hope and reiterated that his group is fulfilling its side of the agreement.
The disarmament process had been scheduled to end last month, but the both sides announced an extension due to logistical problems.
Some FARC members have said that the government has been slow in implementing the deal and there have been problems over security and infrastructure shortages as the fighters prepare to reintegrate into civilian life.