• Live
    • Audio Only
  • Share on Google +
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Maduro outlines the latest evidence of the coup plot, March 3, 2015

    Maduro outlines the latest evidence of the coup plot, March 3, 2015 | Photo: AVN

teleSUR
Newsletter
Get our newsletter delivered directly to your inbox

In his weekly TV program, Maduro released a Skype call recorded from the U.S. that provided more information about last month’s opposition coup plot.

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro revealed new evidence on the coup plot against his administration Tuesday during his weekly televised show, revealing that much of it was planned in the United States.

President Maduro played the audio of a conversation held between Carlos Manuel Osuna Saraco, a man living in New York, and a soldier, in which Osuna dictates the statement that the rebel soldiers should read out during the coup.

Maduro explained that in addition to the call from Osuna’s base in New York, there was a second phone call from Miami, which he outlined.

“This plot has a tag which reads 'made in the U-S-A,'” said Maduro, adding that a member of the United States Embassy in Venezuela also met with opposition leaders, giving them documents to help in the preparation stage.

He urged U.S. President Barack Obama to abandon his government's attempts to oust him.

“You, Mr. Obama, must decide … if you want to go down in history as George W. Bush, who failed in attempting to oust President Chavez,” said Maduro.

He also referred to recent statements released by the U.S. government, denying any involvement in the foiled coup attempt and supporting jailed Venezuelan Mayor Antonio Ledezma.

“All of your messages and statements (U.S. govt.) are in support of the coup plotters. And those messages are encouraging the madness of violent people,” said Maduro.

The revelations revealed that Ledezma was in constant coordination with Osuna in New York via telephone.

“There is a lot of hatred in certain minorities … minorities with economic power that are being pushed forward from the U.S.,” Maduro added.

According to information the government had previously released, the coup plotters had a four-stage plan to oust the president, which would begin with economic warfare and finish with a violent military uprising.

Furthermore, President Maduro said preliminary information given by detained officers – not yet confirmed – points at CNN and Televen as two of the media outlets through which the coup plotters’ message would be aired.

Maduro also showed a copy of a new “100-day Plan for Transition”, designed by the coup plotters and the opposition, which stipulated a series of measures which would be implemented by the planned governing junta.

The plan would take effect immediately after the coup, calling for early elections and the privatization of all public services.

The transitional government would request all of the current Venezuelan officials to turn themselves into the police within a period of 180 days. It also requested every Cuban working with the government to turn themselves in unarmed to their local police station.

The plan also contemplated a role for the IMF, the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank to intervene in the Venezuelan economy.

President Maduro announced further revelations will be made in the following weeks, and said he will bring that evidence to the Summit of the Americas, to be held in April in Panama.

“We have only revealed less than one percent of all of the information which the detained generals have given us,” said Maduro.

The Venezuelan president urged the opposition leaders to stay away from an armed struggle and to respect the Constitution.

|

Comment
0
Comments
Post with no comments.